Monday 3 December 2012

Mmm, that's cheesy!

We had a nice dinner tonight - home made cheesy bread, some raw vegies and fruits, and to top it all up, I heated up a tin of beans. I know, yum, right?

I noticed the tin claimed to be beans in "cheesy cheese" sauce. Delicious, obviously, but I was a bit worried. Have I picked the wrong beans? This home made bread is VERY cheesy, and I wouldn't want the children's palates to get overcheesed. The "99% fat free" description reassured me that cheese levels may not be dangerously high. I read the label, did a little maths, and enlisted my kitchen assistants to do some measuring.

This is how much cheese is in a tin of "Cheesy Cheese" flavoured beans.

We may well survive the fromagian onslaught.

2 comments:

Gail Kirby said...

I am on here looking for the bread recipe :-) Interesting re the amount of cheese! Last year Buffy got into a box of choco pillows cereal (no you do not need to know)and had eaten what was left in the box - not too much but nevertheless was worried about the chocolate and whether to rush her to the vet (again). Jackson looked at the ingredients and worked out that the entire 500g box only contained about 5 grams of chocolate and Buffy would have eaten .03 of a gram of chocolate so we didn't worry about the vet (until the next dietary indiscretion occurred).

Gail Kirby said...

I think blogger are getting their spam tests from photos of house numbers they've gotten off google earth!