Tuesday 17 March 2009

This stamp and I go way back...


... back to the last century, in fact!

I did a beginner's stamping class at Woodstock, some time in 1999 I think. We were taught to stamp, emboss, and colour with Tombow markers. After plenty of basic instruction, we made a pretty card. I chose this very stamp to use (it's a PSX), and had a lovely time colouring it.

I enjoyed it so much that I decided that if I bought any stamps at all, this would be one of them. Well, in the show downstairs, I quickly discovered that this was a discontinued design - they just had one in the class collection.

Now, years later, I have finally tracked one down second hand!

This time, I've stamped it in Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip ink (that's Gail's favourite go-to colour). Then I've coloured with touches of Inktense pencils. Then I've dipped the brush in gel medium and used that like water to "watercolour" the pencils. Knowing that the Choc Chip ink will water colour too. It's fun!

No comments: