Wednesday 1 April 2009

Rooster Chronicles part 5


I suppose you're wondering how that Rooster project is coming on. Well, here's the latest version : it's on a canvas now. The other interesting thing to note : the original piece is now gone! Isn't that just the way.

I punched roosters out of my dictionary, and one from a scrap of Bazzill cardstock.

The "rise" element is still not glued down anywhere. And I think I've lost "and" and "shine". Who saw that coming?








Around the same time, Chris showed me a new stamp set from Stampin' Up - it's a hostess set, a level 2 one, so I can't see myself acquiring it any time soon. It has a rooster - I stamped it and made this bit, which should be part of something, any time now. Yup, that's crumpled brown paper - the packaging material that SU use in their parcels. I'm partial to a bit of recycling.










So all of that reminded me that I have a really nice rooster stamp of my own - a PSX one. I made this box : which I have to say I don't think is very good at all. The colours are too brash, the two stamps don't match, and nothing ties it together. But, it kept me amused for a while, and used up a box I've had in my collection for far too long. Great stamp though - I'll try to use it in another way.

No comments: