Wednesday 15 October 2008

Come to the fete!


My kids' primary school is having a fete - strictly, the "Twilight Market Bazaar" - it'll be fun - good things to eat, trash and treasure to buy, and a cake stall (thats my main interests covered). Oh, and there's FIREWORKS too! A first for our school. We've warned the neighbours.

I'll be baking for the cake stall, heaps and heaps I hope. And I'm making some stuff for the craft stall. And running the cold drinks vending. And donating heaps of trash & treasure. Oh, and I organised two other stalls from outside vendors. And I'm wringing my hands about "not doing enough". Hah!

Hey, what should I bake? Gingerbread men were fun last time, and I always do chocolate chip cookies. I bought a small loaf tin - that is, eight small loaves - to make little healthy bar cakes, which I think people appreciate. I never do big cakes. It's hard to get people to buy them for more that a few dollars - you get more profit from small things. Yes, this is the time of year when my eyes get replaced with dollar signs pretty much all day. Put your baking votes in, and I'll let you know what I end up making.

See ya there!

No comments: