Thursday 18 December 2008

Burp! And it's gone...


So then we ate the Gingerbread house. Yum, that was nice. We plan to make another one in Perth, visiting Nana. THAT one can be on display on Christmas Day.

A few nice people have asked for recipes and patterns. The gingerbread recipe I've used is from Taste magazine, and it's worked well for me.

The pattern came from a maths web site (of course). Here it is. Last link on the page. I printed the pattern, covered the paper on both sides with clear contact, and cut it out. Now I have a pattern I can keep. But it wouldn't be very hard to make your own - just think about what edges need to meet what edges. There's some maths for you.

And the glue is royal icing. Egg white and icing sugar, and a few drops of lemon juice to get it just thin enough to pipe. Then add lollies. Let it set! Royal icing becomes hard and crunchy, and makes very sturdy houses.

No comments: